Sparklewood

Sparklewood
MaaMaa & Tankene

Friday, August 28, 2009

Aug. Flowers


Here it is the end of August and I wanted to share my gardening highlights. We planted Sunflowers from seeds and they are towering at ten feet. Some face the morning sun and others the west depending where they are located in the garden. The "Touch-Me-Nots" Impatiens Balsamii have performed like troopers. Our Hummingbirds visit the flowers every morning and evening. The Morning Glory seeds from last year that I replanted this Spring are doing great. I have tried many varieties but this is the best one to germinate and grow so lushly. I think its a Mixed Giants but I have to check. My purple Dahlia is blooming and all the Coleus are very showy. I have made up some tasty Spagetti Sauce with fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, onions, parsley, assorted meats, and olive oil. Yum!.

1 comment:

Blog Archive