Sparklewood

Sparklewood
MaaMaa & Tankene

Monday, May 18, 2009

Blueberrries:nature's super fruit!




Blueberries come in many varieties but we settled on the 'SharpBlue' and O'Neal because they are supposed to be delicious and easy to grow. The botanical name is ' Vaccinium corymbosum ' and they are a nutrious addition to the garden. One of my gardening friends said to plant them with peat moss on the bottom of the hole and some orchid bark on the top of the surface so I'll have to give that a try!

2 comments:

Terra said...

"Sharp blue" sounds interesting. I planted "Oneal" like you did, plus "Misty".
In my neighborhood a gardener planted blueberries as a hedge, and I think that is a brilliant idea. In our neighborhood they grow closer to 3 feet tall and wide, rather than 6 feet.
How many did you plant?

TAILS of TANKENE said...

I only bought two plants. I also like the idea of a blueberry hedge.

Blog Archive